​​Fair Oaks Massage Institute

Fair Oaks Massage Institute; Fair Oaks, CA


Fair Oaks Massage Institute's approval to operate in the State of California is based on the provisions of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act (CPPEA) of 2009.

You can visit the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (CA BPPE)

by clicking the following link:  www.bppe.ca.gov

Fair Oaks Massage Institute's 


Please click here to view all of our required disclosures and information, as required by the CA BPPE

Click here for School Catalogs

Click here for School Performance Fact Sheets

Click here for CA BPPE Annual Reports

Frequently Asked Questions

updated 3.13.2019

1. How do I register for programs or classes at Fair Oaks Massage Institute?  

Please see our How to Sign Up page by clicking here,

and be sure to contact us to make an appointment if you'd like to come in to the office to register or speak with our staff. For the quickest reply, please call our office at 916-965-4063. 

2. How do I obtain certification as a Massage Therapist once I have finished my coursework?

Please see our How to Get Certified page by clicking here

3. When is the latest I can sign up for a 500 hour certificate program?
As long as there are seats available, you can sign up the Friday before a program begins. Lately, our classes have been full by a week before the program’s start date, so we would recommend signing up as soon as possible. 

4. What kind of financial assistance does Fair Oaks Massage Institute offer?

Please see our Financial Assistance page for all details regarding financial assistance, or feel free to contact us to chat about your options. 

5. How much does your 500 hour program cost?

Please contact us to discuss program prices. 

6. Is the cost of the 500 hour program all-inclusive?

Yes, the cost of the program is all-inclusive. The cost of the program covers registration, tuition, materials, books, lab/lotion fees, etc. The only thing it does not cover is the cost of the set of twin sheets & pillowcase that you are required to bring with you to use on the table during hands-on practice. Please contact us to discuss program prices. 

7. What do I need to bring with me to class in a 500 hour program?

You will need to bring a set of twin sheets and a pillow case (for use on the tables during the hands-on portion of class), as well as paper and a writing utensil. Please dress in comfortable, professional clothing, and refer to our dress code (posted in the classroom and in our registration documents) or ask your instructor or our director for more information about dress code. It's also advised that you bring a water bottle (we have a water dispenser in the classroom) and any snacks or lunch that you might like (we have a fridge in the classroom for student use). 

8. What do I need to bring with me to sign up for a massage therapy program?
We will need (per state regulations) a copy of your high school diploma and a copy of a valid state issued photo ID. In order to hold your space and be fully registered, the $200 registration fee (part of total tuition cost) will also be required. 

9. How long does the 500 hour program take to complete?
Typically, 4-6 months - mostly depending on the number of holidays during the program term. 

10. What can I do with my 500 hour certificate after I’m done? Where can I work? 
If you’d like to work for yourself, you are eligible to apply for Sacramento County and Sacramento City massage business licenses. If you’d like to work for yourself or as an employee for someone else, you can also apply for your CAMTC.org Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) card & certificate. See more information on our How to Get Certified page. 

11. What are Fair Oaks Massage Institute's approvals to operate?

We are approved to operate by the CA state BPPE (school code 3406231). We are an approved school through the CAMTC (school code SCH0044). We are an NCBTMB approved CE provider (#450509-07). We are an AMTA school member (school code 199359). 

12. How do I apply for a California state massage license? (CAMTC Certification) 

At this time, there is no state licensing agency in California. The closest alternative is to obtain Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) certification from the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC.org). The CAMTC is a non-profit (not government operated) organization that offers voluntary statewide certification to qualified candidates. Some cities and counties require you to obtain CAMTC CMT certification before granting city or county business permits or business licenses, but every city and county within California is different, so be sure to check with your local municipalities to find out what the requirements are for the area in which you wish to work. 

13. Do you offer job placement assistance?

We don't offer job placement assistance, however, we have many companies who contact us regularly to hire our graduates, all the available job advertisements can be found on our Job Opportunities page.